The role of the Regional Development Officer, is to support Archery in the Southern Counties in any way shape or form that I can. It is mainly a facilitative role where I can pass on my knowledge of Sports Development to enable clubs and counties to make more informed choices regarding their future.
The main things I can aid clubs and counties with are:
- Development plans – Talking with committees about what the future looks like? What are you working towards? Developing plans that keep committees focussed and give direction over a period of time to ensure progression of archery at club and county level.
- Funding – Aid in locating funding pots, how to write funding bids, complete letters of support for funding bids
- Promote and support events
- Networking - Building relationships to pass on knowledge and provide greater services for archery clubs
- Workshops – Setting up CPD opportunities for archers across the region
- As well as, being an additional set of ears to talk to and bounce ideas off
The key factor in all development work is having motivated and passionate individuals who are open to new ideas, change and want to push their clubs and sport forward in their communities, counties and region. I am happy to take phone calls, emails and organise meetings with clubs to discuss things in greater detail.
Regional Development Officer